What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
Council of Nonprofits members that register for www.lcuwp.org and individuals that sign up to receive National Council e-communications voluntarily provide us with contact information (such as name and e-mail address). We may use this information for specific, limited purposes. You may always “opt-out,” either now or at any time in the future if you do not wish to receive our messages.
The LCUWP uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer www.lcuwp.org, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
www.lcuwp.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of www.lcuwp.org, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
How Your Information May Be Used
- administering our Website and related services, resources, and business including responding to your inquiries, fulfilling your requests, and providing you with related customer service;
- personalizing our Website for you by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- sending you goods purchased through our Website;
- supplying professional services purchased through our Website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Website;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website (including monitoring private messages sent through our Website private messaging service); and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, or improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
The LCUWP does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
www.lcuwp.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.lcuwp.org domain, and the LCUWP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.